[aur-general] Removal request: torrenstream

Pedro Alejandro López-Valencia palopezv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 17:16:16 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Jonas Heinrich
<onny at project-insanity.org>wrote:

> Hello,
> please remove AUR package "torrentstream" [1] since it's deprecated and
> replaced by the program acestream [2].
> Thank you,
> Jonas
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/torrentstream/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=acestream

I notice that acestream-player-data[1] depends on an orphan package called
acestream-ffmpeg[2] a repackage of ffmpeg 0.10.7 and thus a duplicate of
ffmpeg-compat in community (this one is a bit old, but 0.10.7 is queued in
community-testing). Shouldn't it be better to depend on the package in
community and drop [2] from the AUR?

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/acestream-player-data/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/acestream-ffmpeg/

--