[aur-general] TU application from graysky

member graysky graysky at archlinux.us
Mon Mar 11 20:35:23 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Daniel Wallace
<danielwallace at gtmanfred.com> wrote:
> What type of packages do you plan on maintaining and what would you want
> to move into the repos first?

Good question.  For starters, several I use all the time and that have
the requisite # of votes:

alsi
archey3
celtx
modprobed_db
monitorix
profile-sync-daemon

I am in interested in scientific software and would consider maintaining:

pymol
sofastats

> What part of the Arch Linux philosophy really resonated with you?

That would have to be simplicity as a design goal.  Many aspects of
business and government could benefit from this.

> From your time helping maintain the wiki, if there was one specific
> thing you would change about it, what would it be?

Nothing major actually.  I'd like to see more standardization in our
articles, for example, the article summary/related motif found in the
following:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSD
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deluge
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/E4rat