[aur-general] TU application from graysky - voting period

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sat Mar 23 13:51:42 EDT 2013

Xyne wrote:

>The discussion period for graysky's application is over.
>It's time for the TUs to vote: https://aur.archlinux.org/tu/?id=68

The voting period has ended. The finally tally was

yes: 12
no: 14
abstain: 4

Quorum has been met. I am sorry to announce that the application has been
rejected.

@graysky
I am genuinely surprised and disappointed by these results. I think that you
have demonstrated skills beyond several previously successful candidates and
your contributions are valued by many in the community. I hope that this result
will not leave a bad impression. You may apply again after 3 months if you
choose.

@TUs
Voting "no" rather than abstaining indicates that you have reasons to reject
the candidate. These should have been brought up during the discussion period.
If they are valid then other TUs should be made aware of them and take them into
account. If they are not then they should be addressed. In either case they
should be discussed.

The discussion period for this application was relatively short with very few
participating TUs. The only real objections were raised by Dave (who even
admitted that he may be "old and grumpy") and they were addressed without any
further replies from Dave or anyone else. I simply do not understand how so
many of you could vote no without raising issues during the discussion. Looking
back through previous votes there is no other vote with this level of
participation that has been split this close down the middle.

There is no point in raising your objections now but I hope that you do so next
time. Voting is not an expression of personal opinion. It is a means of quality
control and I would say that it is your obligation to participate in the
discussion if you have opinions one way or the other.

tl;dr: wtf?

Regards,
Xyne