[aur-general] TU application from graysky - voting period

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 24 16:29:37 EDT 2013

On 25 March 2013 03:30, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
>
>>> Objections were raised and then countered with arguments. If anyone felt that
>>> the objections were still valid after that then they should have replied with
>>> their reasons. That is the point of the discussion period: to discuss the
>>> issues and reconsider them in the light of the evolving conversation. It gives
>>> the candidate the chance to respond and adapt as well. If anyone felt that my
>>> reply to Dave failed to address the issues then they should have stated why. No
>>> one did.
>>You explain again your former opinion.
>>It's not because you are the last one to answer that you convince everyone.
>>It's not because I will not give arguments to refute what you say that
>>you convince me or others readers.
>
> I think we have different definitions of "discussion".
>
> I would also say that if you have no arguments to support an opinion then it is
> baseless and should be re-examined.

Well, whatever the case, we know that:

1. Sébastien (seblu?) is the best example of a TU who was rejected at one time

2. Dave (falconindy) is _not_ to "blame" (he did the right thing by
being transparent)

3. Those who silently thought Dave must be right need a change of attitude

The current (majority) voting system is fine -- making decisions based
on consensus agreement is not a suitable method for the TU selection
process (it would needlessly raise the bar for something that is not a
matter of public safety).

Voting systems should eliminate bias, and in this case it did not
favour any one particular outcome (mixed opinions), so it in fact
worked pretty well. If an opinion was influential, then so be it. You
can't disregard the result just because you did not expect it (I
didn't either).

However, all these indicate that grasky is good to go for the next
round (after three months), so let us all not worry and continue what
we were doing. I'd personally like him to reapply when that time
comes. Til next time, then ;)

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1