[aur-general] Support for source mirror lists in PKGBUILD

alexander.r at gmx.com alexander.r at gmx.com
Fri Nov 1 06:58:16 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 01:46:07PM -0400, Ido Rosen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   What's the current recommended way to support multiple mirrors for the
> same source file in a PKGBUILD?  For example, I have xyz-123.tar.gz that
> can be downloaded from any of "http://a.example.com/xyz-123.tar.gz"  "
> http://b.example.com/xyz-123.tar.gz"
> "http://c.example.com/xyz-123.tar.gz"...but
> one of these may be down at any given time.
>
> If there's no support for this in the sources array itself, we should
> strongly consider adding it.
---end quoted text---

Are you trying tio re-implement Metalinks? They have become standartized way to do what you want ages
ago. They are even supported by curl! Add metalink file to package (or reference one from upstream),
redefine DLAGENTS to something like 'metalink::/usr/bin/curl --metalink %u' and, if possible, convince
makepkg developers to add that DLAGENT to default makepkg.conf. Voilà, no one's KISS principles
violated.

--
My AUR packages - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=AlexanderR