[aur-general] Custom licence directory ?

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at dukun.de
Mon Nov 18 07:57:22 EST 2013

 > do you have a PKGBUILD in mind that does a symlink ? I'm looking for
the "right" way to do it.

please refrain from top posting, as there is a bottom post policy here.

first package i encountered is extra/nvidia-utils [0] (PKGBUILD can be
retrieved via abs [1])
there you find

install -D -m644 LICENSE "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/nvidia/LICENSE"
ln -s nvidia "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/nvidia-utils"

the same is done for a lot of lib32-packages in multilib.
even if you still get a warning from namcap, this looks like a nice,
clean and commonly accepted solution to me.
georg

[0] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/nvidia-utils/
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Abs