[aur-general] Deletion Request - rEFIt

Sam Stuewe halosghost at archlinux.info
Tue Oct 15 21:31:01 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-15 13:56, Keshav Padram Amburay wrote:
> Hi,
>      rEFIt is no longer maintained upstream and its author recommends
> everyone to switch to rEFInd instead, at http://refit.sourceforge.net/
> . So
> please delete AUR refit https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/refit/
> package.
>
> With Best Regards,
>
> Keshav

I am not a TU, so this is not an official set of logic, but if the
sources still exist (even if it has been deprecated or is no longer
maintained), I see no reason for the package to be removed unless there
is a specific and blatant security flaw. For example, SLiM is still in
the official repos despite maintenance largely being dead and many other
packages being considered preferable.

If people would like to continue using rEFIt, despite rEFInd's
superiority, I don't see the inherent issue.

All the best,

-Sam