[aur-general] Taking over package centerim5-git

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 06:10:51 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 10:11 +0100, Joss Wright wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (I've subscribed straight after reading the FAQ, so apologies for my
> unfamiliarity with the community.)
>
> I've been using the centerim5-git package for a while now.
> ( https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/centerim5-git/ ). Every time
> the package updates (for example, every time I run `yaourt
> --sucre`), I get asked to authorize the ssh key for centerim's git
> server. This causes the update procedure to wait for that authorisation,
> which is annoying if you run a full upgrade overnight.
>
> I finally got fed up and delved into the PKGBUILD. It seems the main
> problem was not splitting off the package() function. I've now made it
> work, as a reasonably standard git-based PKGBUILD based on the hundreds
> of other ones out there.
>
> I commented on the package itself a few days ago, and emailed the
> package maintainer. The FAQ says to wait a couple of weeks, but it seems
> unlikely he'll turn up as the email address is bouncing. (Which means I
> assume he's not getting notifications of comments either.)
>
> I'd be willing to take over maintaining this package if and when it's
> decided that it has been abandoned. (And, to be honest, for a relatively
> obscure package with 9 votes I doubt if anyone finds it critical.)
>
> Joss

Hi Joss,

I have disowned the package, you may upload yours instead.

A few tips, the _gitname variable is not needed, you can use ${pkgname
%-*} instead. Also, the '=$pkgver' in the provides array doesn't seem
required here. As a general guideline for VCS packages, I always
include

provides=("${pkgname%-*}")
conflicts=("${pkgname%-*}")

in the PKGBUILD. Finally, you probably don't need PREFIX=/usr as a make
argument in the package function, configure should be setting this
properly (I could be wrong).

Cheers,
--
Maxime