[aur-general] AUR Requests

Michael Schubert mschu.dev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 18:53:23 EST 2014

Hi,

(Maintainers, if any, are in CC.)

Could you please merge:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-imaging/ ->
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-imaging-alt/ **
Reason: PIL is being phased out by pillow; 1st is orphan and 2nd one not
to be replaced like in [community]
Maintainer: please add a replaces=() flag, it should replace
python2-imaging and not python-imaging

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-socksipy-branch/ ->
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-socks/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-socksipy-branch/ ** ->
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-socks/
Reason: socksipy and -branch are dead, socks is maintained and has same API
Maintainer: please let me know if you'd like to maintain the new
package/why we should keep a dead branch

And remove:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sundials25/ **
Reason: sundials=2.5 current and available, package installs into /usr
directly and should not be used

Unsure about:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/socksipy/ **
The original socksipy is last updated 2006 and known to have multiple
issues that are fixed in the new fork, should we keep this? I tested the
dependencies damnvid and polly, and both work with python2-socks

** I am not the maintainer of this package. Please consider giving them
some time to respond. I'd be also very happy to orphan the new packages
if they like to maintain them.

cheers
Michael