[aur-general] Request merge: mingw-w64-sqlite3 into mingw-w64-sqlite3

Philip A Reimer antreimer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 10:14:28 EST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andreas Radke <andyrtr at archlinux.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: Delete Request: mingw-w64-sqlite
To: Philip A Reimer <antreimer at gmail.com>

Am Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:39:32 -0600
schrieb Philip A Reimer <antreimer at gmail.com>:

> Should sqlite be renamed to sqlite3?
>
> -ant32

Arch policy is to keep the unversioned name for the latest release.
This will become sqlite v4 when it comes out. At the same time we will
rename the current release to sqlite3 if still required and we will
rebuild all packages to depend on new v4 or old v3 version.

Right now sqlite v3 is the current release and stays without a version
number.

PS: We have sqlite2 in community and did it the same way in the past.
See also python releases and all the other stuff.

-Andy