[aur-general] Delete request: fluidr3

BlissSam m13253 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:27:51 EST 2014

在 2014-2-27,7:23,"Maxime Gauduin" <alucryd at gmail.com> 写道:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Rob Til Freedmen <rob.til.freedman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Not sure what your problem was.. I had it installed for some time
>> and I'm sure I would have complained if there were problems.
>>
>> > I haven't tried building the fluidr3 package recently, but that sfark
>> > format is a pain in the neck anyway. The fluidr3 soundfont from
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by 'sfark format' in this context - both install .sf2
>> Though, one installs it in upper case...
>>
> The original fluid soundfont is compressed as an sfark archive which needs to be decompressed by an external tool (sfarkxtc) before you get an sf2 (sf2 != sfark). The one from MuseScore is a more common GZip archive.
>

>> > soundfont-fluid doesn't use that and comes with changes from the musescore
>>
>> Yes, a missing note (#94) - and soundfont-fluid should have added the
>> Changelog.txt
>>
>> > guys, so it's actucally a more up-to-date version of the original fluidr3
>> > by hammersound. I'll merge fluidr3 into soundfont-fluid. Thx.
>>
>> But soundfont-fluid not only misses a Changelog.txt but also Fluid R3-
>> Readme.doc and
>> a proper url (still at "http://www.hammersound.net" instead of
>> "http://www.musescore.org/..."
>> *and* introduces blanks in the sound font file name "FluidR3 GM2-2.sf2"
>>
>> Look at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/soundfont-fluid/ for complains.
>
> I'm not sure changelog and readme are essential here, but I agree that whitespace is a _bad_ choice. I'd rather have it named 'FluidR3_GM.sf2'. As for the URL, you could argue that both URLs are valid, as Hammersound is the original author of the soundfont.
>
> Anyway, I'm CCing the current maintainer, and will take over the package in 2 weeks time if nothing has changed since I've had a PKGBUILD for this soundfont around for some time.

Thank you for your patience.
I will try to rename that filename containing space (though it can be escaped in Timidity++ config file).

However, I have no idea where the Changelog.txt and Readme.rtf stored. It seems that MuseScore provided a version even newer than that from Hammersound. Since MuseScore did not zip the Changelog along with the soundfont. I cannot provide any information on changelog.