[aur-general] Orphan Request

Jinks jinks at archlinux.us
Sun Jul 13 17:32:05 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-28 11:20, Felix Yan wrote:
> On Friday, March 28, 2014 18:15:48 mytbk920423 at gmail.com wrote:
>> python-colorama[1] and python2-colorama[2] has been flagged out of
>> date
>> for a very long time, and I'd like to adopt them.
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-colorama/
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-colorama/
>
> Both marked out-of-date for more than a year, so both disowned. Thanks.

While I freely admit that I have neglected these packages and they're
probably in better hands now, I'm still curious; isn't is usually
policy to try and contact a maintainer via direct Email before orphaning
packages or has that been changed?

(I have been inactive for quite some time for personal reasons and am
just
getting back into the flow. Apologies for the late reply.)

Regards,
   Alexander