[aur-general] AUR 3.0.0 released

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sun Jun 1 09:26:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 at 13:36:29, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to upload a split package of sddm -qt5-git and -git
> (attached), but when I upload it, it says: "You are not allowed to
> overwrite the sddm-qt5-git package.". I'm a maintainer of both of
> course.
> Is this a bug? If not, what's the correct course of action?
> [...]

No, this isn't a bug. You cannot overwrite a package from a different
package base. What you can do is:

1. Rename the sddm-qt5-git package without changing its package base:

    pkgbase=sddm-qt5-git
    pkgname=sddm-qt5-git-old

   This might also require some "$pkgname" references to be replaced by
   "$pkgbase" in order to successfully build a new package.

2. Submit the updated package to the AUR. This will result in the
   package name changing from sddm-qt5-git to sddm-qt5-git-old.

3. Upload the new split package.

4. Request the old (renamed) package (sddm-qt5-git-old) to be merged
   into the new one.

Please read both [1] and [2] for details.

Regards,
Lukas

[1] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2014-May/028594.html
[2] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2014-June/028631.html