[aur-general] AUR 3.0.0 released

Phillip Smith lists at fukawi2.nl
Wed Jun 4 19:39:20 EDT 2014

On 28 May 2014 04:42, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:

> Note that in order to build source packages for the AUR, you will now
> need to use a tool called mkaurball (instead of `makepkg --source`). It
> is included in the pkgbuild-introspection package [2].

Why do files/directories inside a src tarball need to be 644/755
respectively? [1]

I run with umask 027 so this error is going to bite me every time I
create a new PKGBUILD to upload, or forget to change the permissions
on my existing PKGBUILD's.

Wouldn't it be a better user experience to just change the permissions
to what the AUR needs rather than barfing back to the user?

Cheers,
~p

[1] https://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/tree/web/html/pkgsubmit.php?id=v3.0.0#n93