[aur-general] Submit request - Package c-icap - Update

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Tue May 6 11:16:38 EDT 2014

On 2014-05-06 20:30 +0530
Amish wrote:

>Hello,
>
>This is regarding c-icap package in AUR which is now outdated.
>
>Latest upstream version is 0.3.3 but version in AUR is 0.2.6 (Not
>updated since 2013-10-26)
>
>Also the upstream package is now split in to two packages, called c-icap
>and c-icap-modules.
>
>I have already submitted new package called, c-icap-modules in AUR
>https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/c-icap-modules/
>
>This module package however depends on latest c-icap.
>
>I already have PKGBUILD file for same.
>
>So, I would like to request the permission to update c-icap package
>
>So please allow access to same.
>
>My AUR user id = amish
>
>Thank you
>
>Amish.

There is currently no way to allow multiple users to update the same package
so we cannot simply grant you access without revoking the current maintainer's
access.

The c-icap package has only been flagged out-of-date for 2 days. If it is not
updated within the next few days then you should send an email directly to the
current maintainer (with your updated PKGBUILD). If the package is still not
updated within a week of sending the email (or if the email bounces), then you
may submit an orphan request on this list to take over the package. You can
also request that the current maintainer simply orphan the package when you
send your email.

Regards,
Xyne