[aur-general] Upload package blacklist, maybe upcoming merge request

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Thu May 29 12:24:23 EDT 2014

Hello,

I think that the package openjade1.3 [1] in AUR is badly named, and so wanted to upload
an openjade PKGBUILD. But doing so burp (from git) told me this:

>error: failed to upload openjade-1.3.2-2.src.tar.gz: openjade is on the package >blacklist, please check if it's available in the official repos.

(with this strange apostrophe).

So I want to ask, if there is such a blacklist, and why openjade is on it. I know that there is a package jade in the repos, but that is not entirely the same as openjade.

Should openjade1.3 be removed? Or merged into openjade?

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openjade1.3/