[aur-requests] [PRQ#484] Merge Request for gtkparasite-gtk3-git

Muflone muflone at vbsimple.net
Sat Aug 16 06:53:56 EDT 2014

> Xyne merged "gtkparasite-gtk3-git" into "gtkparasite-git".
>
> You will no longer receive notifications about this package, please go
> to https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gtkparasite-git/ and click the
> Notify button if you wish to recieve them again.

Hi

some days ago I replied to the merge request [1] asking to the
gtkparasite-git [2] maintainer to fix his package first before to accept
the merge.

The gtkparasite-gtk3-git package was fine and properly updated by me
while the gtkparasite-git wasn't and still it's not fixed, it doesn't
build neither and has a lot of wrong dependencies.
The comments in the AUR were never been applied from the maintainer and
the package itself seems abandoned.

I'm sure that Xyne which accepted the merge [3] has not seen my previous
reply to that request but in order to prevent the recurrence of these
situations, could we clear how to handle requests that cannot
immediately be accepted or rejected?

It's not a matter of that package but also a way to avoid to look silly,
where a TU asks to the package maintainer to do something first and then
another TU however accepts the request.

Regards

[1]
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2014-August/001022.html