[aur-requests] [PRQ#816] Merge Request for canto

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Sep 15 12:35:49 UTC 2014

TrialnError [1] filed a request to merge canto [2] into canto-curses
[3]:

Due to the massive changes that came with canto 0.8 (splitting into
separate daemon and curses package, total rewrite) the old canto-0.7.x
package got some help support and was widely used. (Ubuntu, Debian on
0.7). But no updates.
Now with the upcoming 0.9 release the developer made a clean break[3]
(No extra page for 0.7, no information, Bugs are piling up and won't
get fixed) and strongly recommends to update.

Following that I think it's now time to merge canto into canto-curses
as there is no real benefit to keep the old version.
[0] http://codezen.org/canto-ng/2014/09/11/sept-11th-2014/
Quote: "Information about 0.7.x is non-existent. codezen.org/canto and
codezen.org/canto-ng are now crudely linked to the same content (this
stuff). I consider it a clean break. (...)"

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/TrialnError/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/canto/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/canto-curses/