[aur-requests] [PRQ#17256] Deletion Request for geoipdatabase_reloaded

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Jan 7 22:05:17 UTC 2020

eggz [1] filed a deletion request for geoipdatabase_reloaded [2]:

Maxmind has "accountwalled" their geoip databases and they are no
longer publicly available.

In fear of probable licensing/sharing changes (during the free account
creation I had to check new agreements, and I'm a very bad lawyer)
going on over there over the databases. I will still use them
personally, but I think its best to stop sharing them publicly on AUR,
since no one is interested anyway, so there is no point in taking the
risk.

Thank you for your attention.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eggz/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/geoipdatabase_reloaded/