[aur-requests] [PRQ#35508] Deletion Request for python2-pythonqwt

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Jun 19 01:34:45 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python2-pythonqwt [2]:

Very old package for Python 2 support for Qt Widgets.
Last updated in 2016. Formerly it supported both Qt4 and Qt5,
but now the newer Qt5 Python2 module is already gone.

Seems its only dependent on AUR was python2-guiqwt. [a]

That was deleted recently after I prompted the maintainer
that there is a newer version of that, but only for
Python 3. (They submitted the deletion request.)

Therefore this package is without any consumer now.

As there is Python 3 support for the same purpose,
I'd say it's safe to delete this unmeeded and
not really functional Python 2 based package.

[a]:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220331124649/https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-guiqwt

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python2-pythonqwt/