[pacman-dev] test/sync999 - pacman segfault

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Feb 22 17:28:51 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:57:25PM +0100, Aurelien Foret <aurelien at archlinux.org> wrote:
> It seems the flaw appeared with lib/libalpm/conflict.c:1.15.
> The same test with conflict.c:1.14 is ok.
>
> (...)
>
> I've committed a fix (sync.c:1.66) to skip conflict resolution in such a
> case.
> Thoughts?

i would say if the problem is with the patch that improves conflict.c,
then why not fixing conflict.c and adding a workaround to sync.c if
possible?

the sync.c patch contains two hunk: a workaround for the conflict.c
problem and a compile fix (would it be a big problem not to mix compile
fixes and workarounds?) if you revert the workaround, and apply this
patch:

http://frugalware.org/~vmiklos/patches/libpacman-proposed/syncfix.diff

i hope the test will pass again (this time without the workaround)

something partially unrelated: would it be difficult to add an option to
pactest to run "fakeroot libtool gdb --args" instead of "fakeroot" and
in that case not to redirect the output? for now i've hardwired that
here, but that's not a sollution :)

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--