[pacman-dev] Arch neutrral packages

Jeff 'codemac' Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Mon Apr 9 18:59:10 EDT 2007

* On Monday, April 09 2007, Andrew Fyfe wrote:

>Is it worth adding something like arch=(NOARCH) for packages that are
>arch neutral (ie they only contain text files, scripts...) so we don't
>have 2 identical packages for i686 and x86_64.
>
>Andrew

The PKGBUILD's would be the exact same, as a matter of fact, they would be
built from the same source...

And where do you suggest we put the arch neutral packages?  current,
current64 and currentNONE?

I like the current setup, it minimizes complexity and is perfectly verbose.

--
.: [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] :.