[pacman-dev] Fwd: Pacman translation into Polish

Mateusz Jędrasik m.jedrasik at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:29:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have begun work on translating pacman 3 into the Polish language, supposing
there is no ongoing work yet.

The files I attach here are alpha at best (done halfway through pl_PL.po,
without testing in actual pacman itself since its source build seems to have
odd issues with linking pacman.static against libacl, which is, in fact,
installed and likely working on my system), the reason why I announce this
work is mostly so that other people do not choose to follow my footsteps
redoing what is already done by me.

I shall post the rest shortly; stay tuned. The attached file goes into
src/pacman/po in pacman-3.0.1.tgz source tarfile.

Work on the lib/libalpm/po/pl_PL.po file is underway.

I have also sent this e-mail earlier however I see it has not yet reached the
mailing lists (perhaphs because I wasn't subscribed to it at the time) and,
willing to rather avoid somebody starting a Polish translation without
knowing about my current efforts, I'm willing to risk being responsible for a
duplicate copy on the mailing lists.

Regards,

//m.
--