[pacman-dev] Output questions

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:19:21 EST 2007

I have a few pending questions about the current output that I'd like
to get some opinions on.

Firstly, the spacing in -Ss output - there is an extra newline after
each package.  This was added a while back upon request, and i
personally like it, but it makes the output real huge.

Looks like the options are:
* Keep the line (-Ss output)
* Remove the line (-Qs output)
* Add the line between repositories only.

Secondly, we have an interesting -Ss "issue" here:
$ pacman -Ss ^kernel26$

This should only output (duh) kernel26.  However, it also displays
kernel26beyond.  This is because -Ss ALSO searches the provides=()
entries for each package... this is a bit misleading.

The options are as follows:
* Keep this search and indicate, somewhere, that the package was
matched due to a provides=() entry
* Don't search provides=() at all

So, I'd like some opinions on these two topics... there's probably
more somewhere, but I can't think of any.