[pacman-dev] FS#7484 - pacman clobbers directory symlinks.

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 06:05:09 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 01:53:37AM +0100, Andrew Fyfe wrote:
> A little C help please :)
>
> Am I being really THICK? WTF is wrong with line 61?
> (http://neptune-one.homeip.net/git?p=pacman;a=blob;f=lib/libalpm/util.h;h=19c6050d62ed14690686ed25214a7dfda8767bf4;hb=62e6bbcc2bd890c9981e52225ac1abcca4eb8c74#l57)
> util.h:61: error: expected ')' before 'mode'

I'm not good either. I first tried chaning mode_t to another fake type,
it resulted in the same error, so it let me think mode_t was not defined.
I tried to define a fake mode_t with :
typedef int mode_t;
but this resulted in another error about conflicting types, so I'm confused.

Anyway, including <sys/types.h> where mode_t is defined apparently fix the
problem, but I'm still confused.

I didn't know about that strmode function, I thought about just using
something like :
if (buf.st_mode != archive_entry_mode(entry))
  printf("%o != %o\n", buf.st_mode, archive_entry_mode(entry));

:D