[pacman-dev] DB-Fix for dup Required-By

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 30 10:29:18 EDT 2007

Hi all,

If you're like me and have been installing the pacman3 RC's to help
test, you may have been bitten by a bug that caused "Required By"
entries in the local pacman DB to become duplicated, resulting in
something that may have looked like this:

----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<
$ pacman -Qi xorg-server
Name           : xorg-server
Version        : 1.2.0-3
...blah blah...
Required By    : ati-fglrx-utils  xorg  xorg  xorg  xorg
----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<

While harmless, I found this annoying after a while, so I whipped up a
script to scan the DB for these discrepancies, collect a list of
affected packages, then pacman -S them all to fix it up.

I've tested this script a few times on my own system, seems to do the
job correctly, though one line is a bit of a hack.  ;)

As always, "Use at your own risk!", although I think it's perfectly
safe to use - the very worst I can imagine that can happen is that
you'll reinstall a few packages you didn't need to.

--
Travis