[pacman-dev] alpm_list.c "summary"

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Nov 14 10:31:53 EST 2007

Hi!
The main issues are (hopefully) fixed now (at least in Dan's repo)
But:
I refer to point 1. in this mail again:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-November/009902.html (I'm
pretty sure that this doesn't break anything now, just for safety)
And some (_subjective_) "elegance" notes:
1. There are some always-true if() stuffs in list_remove:
line 312, 320, 323
2. alpm_list_msort and alpm_list_mmerge works fine with no-tail lists (well, it
is designed for such lists), so the ~time-costly set tail in
line 240 can be stripped out from mmerge. But then we must set tail after
alpm_list_msort is finished (since this is a recursive function, we may need an
alpm_list_msort wrapper to the (old) _alpm_list_msort) <- this may not worth the
effort, I simply don't "like" this.
Bye