[pacman-dev] bsd port?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:14:33 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:40:56PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On 10/23/07, Mateusz Jedrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've tried it some time ago, didn't get too far as I couldn't sort of be arsed
> > too much ;-) But now that I see someone else's tried removing the linuxisms
> > off of pacman's files, I might give it a go, time permits.
>
> See, here's the thing. I know this is true of myself, and I don't
> speak for Dan. But most of "us" linux users don't really know what IS
> and IS NOT a "linuxism".
>
> So comments like Xavier showed us... "cut the bashism crap" and the
> like couldn't be more useless.
>
> The best thing that can be done is actually pointing out SPECIFIC
> "linuxisms" so we:
> a) Know what is and is not a linuxism
> b) Don't repeat it again
> c) Can fix the code.

I said the LAST three lines were interesting in my opinion, not the first
three :)
I agree the first three are useless, but I thought the last three did exactly
what you just said, pointing out specific linuxisms.

I apologize for not having reformulated that report in a nicer way, I didn't
know it would be taken so seriously, so I apologize for that.