[pacman-dev] PATHNAME in sync/*/desc

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Mar 11 02:52:14 EDT 2008

I'm just checking if this could be a reasonable idea and if so I'd look into
providing a patch. Would it be feasible to add a %PATHNAME% variable
to the sync desc file ?

For instance in this case, fetching "any" arch packages would not need to
symlinked into the same directory to be found...

 %FILENAME%
 hotstuff-0.9.2-1-any.pkg.tar.bz2

 %PATHNAME%
 ../any/

It may provide repo maintainers with some flexibility (hard to test without
it being possible) and perhaps %PATHNAME% could also be a URL and that
might also be interesting, but the simple relative path prefix would be useful.

Any thoughts?

--markc