[pacman-dev] Weird download behavior today

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 14 21:14:54 EDT 2010

On 15/06/10 09:08, Dan McGee wrote:
> Anyone else seeing weirdness? This is a relatively recent build of
> pacman-git, on i686, using mirrors.kernel.org as the first mirror.
> Note that the [core] repository line even got blown away in there,
> meaning it never hit 100% so we never output the \n character or
> something (it should be right where the [extra] stuff starts):

<snip>

I have been using pacman-git for the last few weeks and I have not run
into this.

Is this the bug about attempting to continue downloading a repo db but
striking a different revision of the repo-db on the mirror from the one
you started downloading?

Having to fall back to the second mirror to get the update that you
wanted indicates partial sync of a mirror there...

Allan