[arch-dev-public] Social?

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 2 02:14:46 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 04:05:49PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Ok ok.... let me preface this a tad.
>
> One of the things I think we've lost in arch, is a bit of the good ol'
> fun we used to have. Maybe it was just me having fun, but hey, I'm not
> the only one who got excited when skoal came back to the forums.

I like fun!

> So let's try and have some fun here, I'm sure we all have other things
> in common besides just Arch, right?
>
> This is the land of Web3.9 - there's no sense in me actually TELLING
> you guys what I like, because I can just paste links.... so here's
> some:
>
> music http://last.fm/user/phrakture

http://www.last.fm/user/xentac

I'm really good at just sending my music data and not doing any other
community stuff.

> movies http://www.netflix.com/Profile?prid=258042279
> (sorry this one is most likely US only, as netflix probably doesn't
> ship overseas yet)

I use zip.ca... but I don't think I can share a profile for anyone to see.
Most people would laugh at my movies anyway (my girlfriend likes to rent
90s tv series dvds).

http://twitter.com/xentac

> And there's much much more - for instance I own the entire set of
> Stargate SG1, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Farscape, and am closing
> in on the full set of Star Trek: TNG.

Yay Firefly!

> So what about you all? A lot of us know very little about each other.

I also ride a motorcycle (I like to take trips, but who has the time these
days! (I put more than 40,000km on my motorcycle since I bought it in
2003)) and have a third degree black belt in shotokan karate.

It was so hard getting dates on online dating sites when all I can tell
people about myself is that I'm a geek, ride a motorcycle, and have done
karate for 18 years...

I also play go on littlegolem:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/info/player.jsp?plid=6813

I really need to make more time to play online on KGS...

> So what do *YOU* do in your free time (besides the copious amounts of
> beer, heh)?

Beer is good.  Very very good.

Jason