[arch-dev-public] xorg-server 1.8 repository

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Apr 6 17:42:00 CEST 2010

Am Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:56:31 +0200
schrieb Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net>:

> This release works with udev for input hotplugging and
> supports /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.conf as replacement for the hal .fdi
> files. After upgrading to this release, configuration for input
> devices in hal is ignored and should be done by udev rules or
> xorg.conf.d files. Documentation about this change can be found on:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration

You should clarify what's our recommended way to do local
configurations: either all in the old /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
leave /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ up for preset configuration files from
distribution packages or people should use several or one file their own
in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

I have used /etc/X11/xorg.conf that works very well on my notebook and
leaves all space for distribution files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/. Arch
planet already shows the 2nd way:
http://www.deelab.org/bash/2010/04/xorg-1-8-synaptics-touchpad-configuration/

I think we should only recommend one way.

-Andy