[arch-dev-public] [HEADSUP] Minimum kernel version bump

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Thu Dec 29 12:09:56 EST 2011

Am Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:54:52 +0100
schrieb Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no>:

> Hi guys,
>
> The next udev release will change its kernel requirements. This will
> not affect people running our standard kernel, but self-compiled
> kernels might be, and the -lts kernel is affected.
>
> The major changes are:
>
>  * 2.6.34 is the minimum kernel requirement (our current -lts is .32).

Will there be a udev-compat pkg allowing to keep .32 lts?

I'd like to update our LTS kernel to a more recent version but so far
Grek hasn't announced any late kernel release to become long term
supported. So there's no real option to update it for now. LTS-2.6.32
is still the best supported long term kernel upstream.

-Andy