[arch-general] Using "python3 setup.py" in PKGBUILDs

Aaron DeVore aaron.devore at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:47:40 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 11/04/11 10:48, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>> AFAICR users who relink python to python2 are on their own. This
>> breaks repo packages as well, not just AUR packages.
>>

> Correct.  This currently breaks all sort of stuff so is completely
> unsupported.

Any reason to not use "python3 setup.py" to prep for a policy allowing
for relinking in the future? If the necessary change *might* be made,
I'd rather make it now than later.

Also, I haven't found any documented policy on renaming preexisting
Python2 packages to python2-* when a Python 3 version of the package
becomes available. A consistent policy would help packagers and users.

-Aaron DeVore