[arch-general] What are people's opinions about this?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Apr 14 04:53:16 EDT 2011

Am Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:32:02 +0300
schrieb Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at xsmail.com>:

> You seem to be under the impression that this is going to be the
> default for all users.

Well, at least I'm worried that this could happen.

> I never said that. I specifically said that
> this affects only the people using the autocutsel package from
> [community].
>
> Autocutsel is useful for people not using a DE and want to adjust the
> behaviour of the X clipboard. If you are already provided with such a
> tool, or the way X deals with clipboard contents by default suits you
> then you don't need it.

Ok, but nevertheless the user should have the choice, even if it's just
within the autocutsel package.

So a global configuration can make much sense, but it should be
possible to overwrite it with a local per user configuration. But I
don't know enough about autocutsel to decide if this is possible and
how this can be done.

Heiko