[arch-general] xmodmap

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:29:58 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM, marshall
<marshall at mcleave.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:

> Hopefully this time I'll make the list.
>
> My enviroment file.
>
> setxkbmap gb
> xmodmap /home/marshall/.Xmodmap
>
> I used run xmodmap from ~/.config/openbox/autostart
> but that ceased to work after the openbox 3.5 upgrade. I then tried to
> run it from my .xinitrc file, this also fails to work as expected.

OK, I found it. The problem was "setxkbmap -option
terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp" _after_ xmodmap! As I use setxkbmap just to
recover the traditional Ctrl-Alt-Backspace behavior that Xorg
developers decided to drop, it didn't occur to me that it might
interact with xmodmap. I changed the places of both commands and it
works now. It works regardless of whether it is run before the openbox
binary (via environment file, or equivalent) or after openbox (via
--startup flag). It is also independent of the fact that I'm using a
non-standard setup.

Thanks

Jorge