[arch-general] imagemagick and calibre have problems with libtool in testing

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 9 19:51:33 EDT 2011

[2011-09-09 17:24:54 -0500] Myra Nelson:
> I'm not complaining, bitching, griping, xxxxx

I only asked for more information (in a tone I believe was neutral) to
try and diagnose the issue your had; offending you was not my intention.

> I'm just trying to pass on information in case
> some one else ran into the same problem.

Not so many people use [testing], so it is worth diagnosing and fixing
your problem even if nobody else reports similar issues yet.

> pacman -Uf libtool-2.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz libltdl-2.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Is there a particular reason why you always use the --force option?

> pacman -Qi imagemagick  -- when I rebuilt imagemagick I built the
> latest version from their website.

When nobody flags packages out-of-date, they often stay out-of-date.

--
Gaetan