[aur-general] TU Application - Timothy Redaelli

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 29 07:45:08 EST 2011

2011/11/29 Hector Martinez-Seara <hseara at gmail.com>:
>> Where I come from, plagiarism is a serious offense. It seems to my
>> non-TU eyes that writing an original application is the least Timothy
>> could do...
>
> Seems to me that where you come from the people has too much free
> time. I'm starting to be sick about this thing of plagiarism. If
> something has been done fine once why to reinvent the wheel. It is
> better to invest one's time in doing something useful. Maybe the only
> thing that was done wrong in this case was not to add the correct
> citation to the original source.
> Hector
>
> --
> Hector Martínez-Seara Monné
> mail: hseara at gmail.com
> Tel: +34656271145
> Tel: +358442709253

Ok I don't have time to write this mail, but I have to do it.

Gaetan:

Timothy admited he used the Massimiliano's application e-mail for
template, that's it, AFAIK i didn't knew (and though he didn't knew
either) it was mandatory to write the application from scratch, it's a
plus, but it's not mandatory for me. Looking at the work that Timothy
have done over the years on OSS world it's impressive and enough for
me to consider him a good candidate.

This of course will be a lesson for the next applicant I hope, so
let's pass that issue, and get focus on the information inside the
application based on Massimiliano's one.

Hector:

1) Please low down your tone, your replies (yes, not only this mail)
to this list seems to me arrogant, and non-constructive, you can
express the same idea with different words.
2) And btw off-topic. That though about "not reinveint the wheel" is
the most conformist thing that i've heard over the years, thanks God
not everybody thinks like that, or we will be using one software for
one need instead to have options, flavours and fun of learning in the
process of the reinvent, and being a master in the process of improve
that old wheel. (yes, nobody is using the first wheel invented,
everybody actually uses improved versions, 'reinvented')

Finally Timothy,

Your application even if you didn't wrote the basic template, looks
goods to me, your replies seems you are a motivated person, and you're
not new in the OSS world, so you can contribute a lot giving thoughts
or experiences that you had. But you have to be more communicative, I
personally didn't knew about you neither on IRC, forums, bugtracker,
this mailing list or whatsoever, so, if you finally pass you have to
know that eventually you will have to communicate with the rest of the
community, i hope this won't be a problem for you.

That said, good luck with your application, (in bocca al lupo).

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net