[arch-dev-public] request: remove mailx from Core

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:03:32 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 11:47 AM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Once logrotate won't depends on mailx anymore, no other packages in the
> repo (core and extra) will require mailx. Can we simply remove it
> completely from the repo?  Or is it one of these packages that we want to
> keep in the repo? As I have adopted mailx because it was an orphaned core
> package, is there anyone who are more interest than me in maintaining this
> package?

I *think* it's optional in a few other distros. I don't see why it
needs to be part of the base system. Additionally, heirloom mailx is
supposed to be better (there's a bug report on it)

I will maintain it if you don't want it. It's one of those apps that I
would use if I had to, but don't use otherwise.