[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] Commit in postgresql/repos (testing-x86_64)

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed Aug 29 22:39:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:57:56PM +0200, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Monday 27 August 2012 08:27:05 you wrote:
> >     Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 @ 08:27:05
> >   Author: heftig
> > Revision: 165625
> >
> > db-remove: postgresql removed by heftig
> >
> > Deleted:
> >   postgresql/repos/testing-x86_64/
> >

> Can we know why this has been removed? Should I (users) downgrade? Is 9.1.4-2
> safe?
>
> --
> Andrea

9.1.4-2 is "safe", but the unit file included with the package is far
from ideal. This was nuked from [testing] so that we could move the
remainder of the packages in [testing] blocking the systemd-arch-units
move from community-testing. There was a file conflict between
irqbalance/s-a-u because that complicated (and encouraged) this as well.

WRT the postgres units and if anyone's inclined to do so, we basically
need to split up the initdb logic from the actual daemon control -- 2
separate units, like openssh does with sshdgenkeys.service. It shouldn't
be too hard, but I don't have time to look at this until at least the
weekend. I'm also not a postgres user so I'm not really the best person
to test it, but I'm happy to take a stab at it.

Cheers,
dave