[arch-dev-public] [RFC] dbus cleanup

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Dec 1 14:11:00 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I'd like to propose the following change to our two dbus packages:

 * make libx11 an optdep in dbus
 * merge dbus-core into dbus
 * move dbus to [core]

This should not have much of an effect in practice, but should make
things a bit clearer and especially the naming will be more in-line
with upstream and other distros.

We can see that the current naming has caused some confusion as most
of the packages that depend on dbus should in fact be depending on
dbus-core.

What do you think?

I put a suggested package here: <https://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/>.

In addition to the above changes, I dropped a dep on systemd-tools as
it was causing a cycle and added a patch requested by Thomas:
<https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32902>.

Cheers,

Tom