[arch-dev-public] rc.d files, unmaintained packages - and, the quality of our repositories

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Jul 17 17:34:52 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Connor Behan <connor.behan at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the whole "push first discuss later" thing, people shouldn't be
> afraid to take this approach. Maybe I misused it but "back in my day"
> there was an Arch dev who had wise words
> <https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=355343#p355343> about this
> sort of thing.

You divert completely the spirit of the sentence! Of course we need
people who DO, but It not mean you can be out of control.
Pushing back a package without the _minimum_ level of quality and
review is something people shoud be afraid! Ioni can release the
Kraken.

By your light way of doing, you cause troubles to users of netctl and
your last word is "shoot first, dicuss later, is a not so bad".
A better approach would be to fix the issues, send a mail which
explain what you already done and annoucing that you want push netcfg
back.

We all make mistakes, please, try to understand your teammate trying
to make you improve your work.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer