[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 10 19:15:32 EDT 2012

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:56:33 +0200, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>
>> /usr/lib/systemd/system
>
> Why don't you just delete the things you don't want?

When not using systemd, is it ok to delete /usr/lib/systemd completely?
Is it ok to replace libsystemd (or what ever is installed by dependencies)
with a dummy-package? I'm not booted to Arch yet, so I don't know what
exactly is installed.

IMO dummy-packages are the best choice, if possible.

E.g. regarding to pulseaudio the package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48718 isn't maintained anymore.
I never used it, but directly build a pulseaudio dummy package, but IIRC
libpulse still must be installed. Why should somebody maintain a package,
when dummy packages does the same job?

However, it's not that easy to know what is and what isn't needed.

Regards,
Ralf