[arch-general] Think twice before moving to systemd

Jason Ryan jasonwryan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:51:06 EDT 2012

On 15/08/12 at 03:35am, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just became aware that Arch Linux plans to switch to systemd, and
> this worries me for several reasons.
>
> snip

I am running it on both my home machines and my work laptop. I have full
encryption on all three devices and LVM and Raid1 on two of them. Boot time is
not considerably faster, but shutdown is.

I have not had any problems migrating or running the three machines in the
intervening fortnight.

I think your concerns are largely unfounded and your alarmist tone does no
credit to the Arch developers who have given this some consideration and have
implemented it in a typically thorough and professional manner.

/J

--

http://jasonwryan.com/  [GnuPG Key: B1BD4E40]