[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Calvin Morrison mutantturkey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:00:55 EDT 2012

On 16 August 2012 11:59, Anthony ''Ishpeck'' Tedjamulia
<archlinux at ishpeck.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:50:20AM -0400, Calvin Morrison wrote:
>> On 16 August 2012 11:47, Anthony ''Ishpeck'' Tedjamulia
>> <archlinux at ishpeck.net> wrote:
>> > Those of us who are used to the internet don't get annoyed
>> > by other peoples' silliness.
>>
>> This is sort of how I feel about Tom and other who have gotten very
>> upset and taken leave of the list.
>
> I don't really blame him.  His goal, in reading the list, is to help
> those who need technical support in the stuff he works on.  His goal
> is not to have philosophical arguments with people about software he
> has no intention on working on.
>
> If we have a healthy and lively debate that he has no part in, and
> these debates end up dominating the list, he _should_ move.  There
> is no harm in focusing on what matters to you.

Right, but he has even said (along with others) that "nobody is gonna
change their mind, who cares about them, they're just trolls..." to
that effect.

Why bother fighting something so stupid, if even you admit it is stupid?

It's just totally pointless

Calvin