[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Anthony ''Ishpeck'' Tedjamulia archlinux at ishpeck.net
Thu Aug 16 12:05:54 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:00:55PM -0400, Calvin Morrison wrote:
> Right, but he has even said (along with others) that "nobody is gonna
> change their mind, who cares about them, they're just trolls..." to
> that effect.
>
> Why bother fighting something so stupid, if even you admit it is stupid?
>
> It's just totally pointless

We all tend to pepper our actual communications with some personal
narrative.  It takes great communication skill to extract the actual
meaning from the things that humans inevitably say.

What he said was: "I'm working on this software.  If you need help
with it, lemme know in this other place."

Yes.  He has feelings and those were conveyed on top of that message
but it's okay.  These things stop mattering eventually and the real
effect is, if you need technical help from him, submit a bug report.