[aur-general] Merge/Remove Request : libkqueue

SJ_UnderWater webmaster0007 at rcn.com
Fri Jul 5 14:22:32 EDT 2013

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Pedro Alejandro López-Valencia <palopezv at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/7/3 Xorg <xorgbreaker at gmail.com>
> >
> > Hi everybody.
> >

> > Developers don't use svn today (I have downloaded source from svn, we can see 2010-09-18  v1.0  r344 the latest date in ChangeLog).
> >
> > So, only libkqueue0 appears to be good.
> > I suggest to merge libkqueue and libkqueue-svn into libkqueue0, and then rename libkqueue0 into libkqueue, for example.
> >

> libkqueue is alive and well at http://sourceforge.net/p/libkqueue/ and
> the SVN repository is at http://sourceforge.net/p/libkqueue/code/ The
> latest checkin (r652) was on June 11 this year. You may want to
> contact the maintainer and see if he/she wants to orphan the packages
> for you to update, instead.
>

> --
> http://about.me/palopezv
>
> I see libkqueue-svn has been orphaned, you can adopt and update. About libkqueue{,0}, did you try contacting the maintainers? It would be better to have maintainer of libkqueue0 adopt libkqueue and then merge libkqueue0 into it. I'm CCing both of them.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Maxime
I once tried to contact niQo about these Apple-sourced packages, but created my -0 variants to better conform to the standards so they could at least see what I was talking about; I also respond to flags pretty quickly. I notice now that stativ has summarily deleted libpthread_workqueue0 for which I don't have a backup, is this normal? I would have appreciated some notice. If niQo decides to orphan them, I will accept.

SJ