[aur-general] google-earth - Integrity checks (md5) fail

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 10:53:08 EDT 2013

Ralf Mardorf,

The full description is not "general public to discuss" but:

"This list is for Trusted Users, Arch Linux developers, and the
general public to discuss issues surrounding the Trusted User
structure and the Arch User Repository (AUR)."

It describes who and what, it's pretty clear.

Dave Reisner,

> Rarely, if ever, do people simply dump command output on aur-general and
> expect anything to come of it. You're the minority.

This is a logical fallacy and an appeal to popularity, this doesn't
make him wrong. As a first-timer, how could he know that posting what
he judged to be an issue, proved not to be an actual issue? It
certainly was about the Arch User Repository.

When applying some good will, I think it's clear that he thought he
posted to the right communication channel. Even though his post
contained no formal arguments, no single post can be a discussion in
itself.

--
Sincerely,
  Alexander Rødseth