[aur-general] google-earth - Integrity checks (md5) fail

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Tue Jul 16 09:14:01 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 03:09:34PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 15:48 +0300, Jesse Juhani Jaara wrote:
> > You should post this as a comment on the google-earth AUR pkg site
> > insted of sending it here. It will probably go unnoticed.
>
> Thank you, I didn't know that, however, it already is reported by
> others.
>
> On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 07:50 -0500, Doug Newgard wrote:
> > And we care, why? The maintainer has been notified, what's the point
> > of sending an email here?
>
> Arch Linux might be the only purpose in life for you, but it isn't for
> me, so I have overlooked it, when I run the update and since this list
> is described as "This list is for [snip] the general public to discuss
> issues surrounding [snip] the Arch User Repository (AUR)." -
> https://mailman.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/aur-general , I send this
> mail here.

And yet your original post was merely output from your shell. You aren't
discussing anything at all, just being redundant in an inappropriate
forum with nothing of value to add.

> Is this a serious issue for you? What does "general public to discuss"
> mean?

It means *discussing* things like:

- removal/merging/orphan requests
- general operating procedures, best practices
- peer reviews on PKGBUILDs

Rarely, if ever, do people simply dump command output on aur-general and
expect anything to come of it. You're the minority.