[aur-general] TU application

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 27 15:28:36 EDT 2013

On 28 July 2013 02:49, Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> We simply cannot ignore the bylaws. This serves as a reminder to show
> us all the numbers when declaring results.

And I failed to provide that myself:

24/36 = 0.66 ... = ~0.67 > 0.66

> according to this list, we have 36 active TUs.

s/have/would have/

The list has not been updated to reflect recent modifications
(additions and deletions within the total) to the team, but the fact
remains that at least one out of a supposed 37 TUs (less if we missed
any recent resignation) is inactive.

On 28 July 2013 03:04, Bartłomiej Piotrowski <b at bpiotrowski.pl> wrote:
> On 2013-07-27 20:49, Rashif Ray Rahman wrote:
>> according to this list, we have 36 active TUs.
>
> Actually I see 35 TUs there, 33 without Daenyth and xyproto.

Even better, then ;)

> It seems like a good opportunity to determine what does "active TU" mean
> – some Trusted Users, even if active in packaging terms, simply ignore
> our votes. When do we consider someone as active? When he updates, fixes
> and rebuilds his packages in reasonable time or doesn't forget about voting?
>
> If we care about all the duties, should we remove partially inactive TUs?

Our bylaws are clear on this - the "automatically brought up for
removal procedure" means that there is no argument towards having a
removal vote - so we should start a vote (but we can also prevent the
removal by all voting YES).

I think the bylaws are also clear that we are to decide on the
activity status by memorising e-mails to the mailing list. The wiki
page is some sort of a manual tally for that. However, despite the
clarity, the method is no doubt cumbersome. We need automation.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1